Monday, June 28, 2010

Family Reunion

We had a blast this Saturday at the West family reunion. It was held up in Hobble Creek Canyon and was an all day affair. Unfortunately, we missed the 5k walk/run and the golf game in the morning, but we made it up the canyon (after a few episodes of getting lost in the foothills) in time for the picnic lunch. After the lunch, there was a water fight (headed up by dear Uncle Franklin, who brought a full-on arsenal of water guns in his trunk). There was even a slingshot for launching water balloons.



Later, there was a pie eating contest. Dad and James kindly represented the George West family for us. I claimed Weight Watchers as my excuse for not participating :P.

In the brothers' competition, Uncle John killed it. He ate that pie in like 5 seconds flat, and was only bested by his own son Michael, in the "all others" competition.Our two winners:


There was also a small hike (I went about .86 miles- James's watch told me - then started getting worried about my baby so kind Betsey went back with me and drove me back to the pavilion). Turns out I needn't have worried, Isaac was happy as a clam getting all the love and attention he could soak up from his adoring fans.


They even got him to fall asleep!

 Most of the time in between and after all that was spent talking and just hanging out with some of my favorite people in the world. We roasted marshmallows and shared family stories. Oh, and there was a raffle, where several family members brought crafts to contribute. All proceeds will go to funding next year's reunion. We bought 5 tickets and I won 3 times! Gotta like those odds. There was also a silent auction, and Betsey and I had quite the battle going over a quilt, but I had to let it go to her in the end. Stinker. Anyway, lots of fun was had by all. Can't wait for next year's!
 

No comments: