Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, I wanted to post lovely pictures of our wonderful trip to Nebraska for you all, but it seems I am having camera difficulties. I think it needs to be charged... it's tired, so it makes sense that it doesn't want to upload pictures right now, right? So, I am hoping it will be up and running soon, but in the meantime I thought it would be good to post and let you all know how we are.

Thanksgiving was massively wonderful --we even got a Thanksgiving dinner, which I did not expect. We actually made a Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday night and had wonderful Allison over, and our two awesome neighbors Maren and Duane came too. And then, after we pulled in to Nebraska Thursday evening we were offered another Thanksgiving feast by my new sister-in-law Heidi's wonderful family. Can you tell this was just wonderful? Well it was.

Anyway, so we went out to Nebraska to be there for my awesome brother in law (Anthony)'s wedding. He married a lovely girl named Heidi who I just think is great, and it was so fun to be there with them for their big day. Also it was delightful to be with (almost) the whole West clan. We talked a lot, shopped a bit, ate good food, and mostly talked a lot. Did I mention that we talked? I really think my sisters in law are just the awesomest. And I just got another one. Can my life get any better?

Our driving adventures included being lied to constantly by Karen the woman who lives inside the GPS, suicidal sagebrush throwing themselves in front of the car all the way home, a traffic jam, light snow, strong wind, and finally getting to Heber only to take a wrong turn somewhere and end up halfway to Duchesne instead of happily in Provo where we wanted to be. You gotta love it.

Anyway, I know you all just want to see pictures of the pretty dress, and the babies, and my handsome James, and me, but they are not ready yet so you will just have to wait. Suffice it to say, I had a wonderful holiday and I'm glad to be back home safe and sound at the end of it.

2 comments:

Patti Johansen said...

get that camera going again! i wanna see pictures! MOM

Tracie said...

I'm glad your Thanksgiving trip was good and fun. And that you got back safe. Yes, I definitely want to see pictures!