Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Weekend Achievement: Now with Bigger Pictures!

So, Saturday morning James and I had a blast learning a new cake-decorating skill: working with fondant. James made the cake and the fondant on Friday (the fondant was made out of marshmallows and a ton of powdered sugar and I don't even know what else), and then Saturday morning we set to decorating it. First, James expertly covered the entire cake with a layer of white fondant:
Next, we had to decide what we wanted to decorate it with, so we went to our huge box of 100 cookie cutters to choose a shape or two.

Once our magnificent shapes were selected, we began coloring and cutting the fondant and decorating the cake.
Ok, I have probably not had this much fun in a long time. James is hilarious. I love my husband -he's awesome. (It was, after all, all his idea to make this cake in the first place.)We spent a lot of time congratulating ourselves on our brilliance and laughing at our randomness.

The final product:

Yes, those are stegosauruses. They represent our neighbors, to whom we gave this masterpiece as a magnanimous show of our appreciation and admiration of them. (Applause here would be appropriate.)

6 comments:

Tracie said...

*Applause* Very nice. :)

Alli Cat said...

ON the Food network there is a series called "Ace of Cakes". They work with fondant a lot too.

Christian & Jennifer said...

Wow! I am so impressed! Who is this guy you married? He makes truffles and fondant and all other sorts of bliss-ness! Hooray for beautiful cakes! I am supremely impressed. And I miss you, Char. Seriously, you are just like one of my own sisters and I wish we got to see you more often.

Megan said...

Oh, heavens, Charity. That is truly brilliance.

berto xxx said...

yeah! thats awsome!! i like it!


berto xxx

Christian & Jennifer said...

Hooray for bigger pictures! Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap. (Hee, hee! It made me laugh so hard when you posted that on our blog!)