Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

Yay! Halloween came and we celebrated it to the fullest extent. I had a work party on Thursday, then on Friday we went to James's work party, a ward party, a West Halloween party we've decided to dub West fest, and then on Saturday to the Wilde Halloween celebration. So many opportunities to wear our sweet costumes ;) So for those of you who didn't have the chance to view us in all our glory, here are our Halloween costumes:

Here's the detail on my dress - it was a lot of fun to make and I was pretty happy with the way it turned out... I'll be wearing this one for a few years to come!
James went to school in his costume and got many comments on how awesome he looked - also some threats that his coworkers should kidnap me so James could go on a series of awesome quests to rescue me... hm....

Photobucket
Here's me and James at our ward party - James is so cute, isn't he? I'm sorry I can't get the size right on this picture - I imported it from photobucket (it's one our ward activities people took, so I don't actually have the file), so if you just click on it you can see the whole picture.

Here's me, James, and our little fairy Navi... I mean, Allison. Isn't she just so cute? You can't see well in this picture, but Allison's hair was all blue and sparkly... and so was Allison--sparkly, that is.

Allison, who looks good in hats, decided Link wasn't doing such a good job and decided to grab his shield, sword, and hat - and take over! She looks pretty sweet.

Here's Aunt Ann, grabbing some of the awesome popcorn balls we made, Allison, Betsey and Elna at the great West Fest!

Here's Charlotte and Laura, pausing for a picture before they head out for the evening.

Here's Brad and Shelly - Brad went as Darth Vader at Alcoholics Anonymous - he had a nice beer belly and everything.

Sadly, I did not get any pictures at the Wilde party - as I was a bit distracted by yelling at the tv during the BYU/CSU game. But there were some awesome costumes... we had Venom, a mini pirate, Jack Skellington and Sally, some crazy disco-ers, and more. Oh, BYU won, by the way. So... no sobbing this weekend. Also, the Giants won today, so it's been a good one for us Wests :)

Hope everyone had a lovely Halloween - we sure did, and I am really looking forward to relaxing now that the costumes are behind me... whew!

7 comments:

Stephanie-jean Life:SemiCrunchy said...

Cute pictures.

Jacob I. McMillan said...

When I see Link, my first impulse is to smash him with a PK Thunder or perhaps a home run bat. In short, you're lucky I wasn't there.

Tracie said...

Your costumes were awesome! I'm glad you had so many opportunities to wear them. Sounds like you had a really fun Halloweeny weekend. :)

Tasha Dale said...

wow, those are fabulous costumes!

Austin said...

those costumes are amazing! i love the shield the best!

Heidi said...

I emailed your mom and CC'd you! I can't believe it is coming so soon!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! What fabulously fantastic costumes. You both look great. You look particularily beautiful in the one at James' work that didn't upload. Allison does indeed make a sweet (in both meanings of the word) looking fairy/sprite and Ann sure does have beautiful girls. I can't believe I use to babysit for them.