Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Festival of Colors

So, I've been seeing all these wonderful pictures of the Hindu festival of colors on facebook recently. A few of my friends went this year, and it just seems like a really fun thing to do. So, since we missed it this year, I decided we'd have our own fun with color right here at home.

I saw this idea on Pinterest a while back of mixing up some easy-wash paint from baby bath soap, corn starch, and food coloring and using to to paint the tub. I asked Isaac if he thought that was a good idea, and he was on board, so we went with it.


Getting started. Isaac liked just mixing up all the paints at first.


 Warming up. Baby sister kept us company, too.


I got in on the action, too. Isaac was a good sport to let me paint him. :)


Getting into it, now. 








I finally got Isaac interested in applying some paint on himself. As you can  see, he was unsure of the idea.


Watching it all wash away.









A very fun activity, and a great excuse to take a bath and get clean!

No comments: