Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wii Wanna Be Fit

So James and I have gained a bit of weight since we've been married. James blames me for cooking good food and I blame him for giving me a reason to. I also blame my job, because I don't do anything but sit at my desk all day (not exactly as physically demanding as being a custodian). Reasons aside, we're both a bit tubby and we don't like it. So we decided to do something about it--Nintendo style. We got our Wii Fit as soon as we got home from Greece and promptly began our Getting Fit Extravaganza. (Extravaganza = any lavish or opulent show, event, assemblage, etc. So you can bet we're gonna make this as opulent as possible.)

James's goal is to lose 20 pounds in 3 months, mine is to lose 10 in that same amount of time. Apart from weight loss, we both have a goal to work out every day--I want to do 30 minutes every day, at least. James wants to do 20 minutes a day, plus his cycling (he finally fixed his brakes!). So far so good, for the last three days (including today) I've met my goal.

We'll be keeping track of our progress, probably weekly to enhance the motivation factor.

2 comments:

Austin said...

Wii keep trying to lose the weiight too. Let me know iif it wiiorks. I've taken this joke wiieally too far.

welcome back from Greece!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Hee, hee! I like the Austin's comment. It made me gwiigle!