Monday, September 22, 2008

Cats!

And we all say,
Oh! Well I never! Was there ever
A cat so clever as magical Mr. Mistoffelees

James and I have been singing this song all weekend, and all thanks to my wonderful, magical, clever, amazing Mom, who so kindly bought us tickets to go see Cats at the Capitol Theater in Salt Lake.

When I was little, my best friend Caity Clement and I would listen to the Cats soundtrack over and over and then subject anyone and everyone we could find to our painstakingly choreographed performances of Mungojerrie and Rumpleteaser, Macavity the Mystery Cat, and, of course, Memories. Her poor parents. They were the ones who got forced to watch us the most.

This experience with Cats, though, just made me all the more excited to go see it and it was just as fun watching it as it was all those years ago skipping around to the music in Caity Clements basement. Thanks, Mom! You are the best!


Here's me and James at the theater, getting all ready for the show.

Here's me with the Cats sign. Not the greatest picture ever, but I wanted to show off my dress. I made it out of a pair of men's slacks I got at Savers for a dollar, just a few hours before we left for the theater. You can't see the whole thing (there's lace on the bottom) but what do you think?

And here's studly, handsome James with his new haircut (thanks, Elliot!)

2 comments:

Christian and Jennifer said...

I LOVE the dress! How cute! I want to see more pictures of it. And I want to steal all of your brainly capacity for creativity and re-do my whole wardrobe. I wish we lived closer. I need serious help.

Elizabeth said...

Oh wow, that is totally awesome. I can't believe you made that! I really enjoyed watching Cats! too. Today, your blog just reminds me of that dred lock boy who tried to sing Memory on American Idol and Andrew Lloyd Weber's incredulity that he would even attempt it.