Monday, September 8, 2008

News at the West Home

So, James and I are just a little bit giddy about our new living room arrangement. It makes us happy in a very silly way. Since we have ghetto couches and I have no talent at decorating whatsoever, when James suggested we should make stadium seating in our living room, I was all for it. Below you see the pictures of our living room in all its glory. Please ignore the laundry on the chair and the crooked pictures. I really stink at decorating. But pay close attention to the fact that the couch in the back is in fact higher than the couch in front. Ta da! Stadium seating a la cinder blocks. It actually makes movie-watching a very enjoyable experience (also, the game was awesome like this). We added the ottomans on Saturday thanks to a friend's garage sale, and voila - seating and foot-restability for everyone.



In other news, and this is about to sound very vain of me, check out my hair!
See how it curls under? How smooth it looks? How it did exactly what I wanted it to? Ok, all this bragging has a purpose. I am about to let you in on a secret. Baking soda. That's right, just the kind you use to bake with... and sometimes clean out a drain or deodorize the trash can. You can also mix two tbsp of baking soda with a cup of water and wash your hair with it for a greener solution. And, I don't know how well it works for others who have tried it, but it makes my hair obey. And for that, I am a believer. Try it!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm impressed! I'm trying that tonight!

Elizabeth said...

Wow that is awesome and it really does look fabulous. That is always how I envision my hair looking when I cut it short, and I can never quite obtain it. Now I know the secret.