Friday, August 15, 2008

Monday, August 11

I <3 the Olympics! All the commercials make me cry, as do the blurbs on the athletes, and the medal ceremonies. Who knew you could enjoy crying so much? A few Olympics ago, I fell in love with Ian Thorpe - the Thorpedo they called him - an incredible swimmer, he crushed the competition. A little corner of my heart has always belonged to him (I dreamed of marrying him when I was 16), but now... and I feel a bit bad for saying this, that corner has been totally taken over by Michael Phelps. I'm so fickle. Don't worry, the rest of my heart is more loyal, and it all belongs to James. But the not-so-loyal part of my heart goes to the swimmer with the most medals, and that, dear friends is Michael Phelps. The guy is amazing! Watching him in the water is more exciting than any blockbuster film. Until they make a movie about him, I guess. :P

1 comment:

Tracie said...

I have to admit I haven't watched any of the Olympics. Are they available online? I love to watch swimming and gymnastics. We don't have TV though so it makes it tough.