Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Goals



(Left to right: Brittany Stevens, Me, Natalie Puckett, Natalie's friend Cami, who was really cool, nice, and French)

So my friend Tracie and I made a goal that we would write every day in August. As you can see, today is the second and there was no entry on the first, so the goal is going well! :P Seriously, though I am going to try hard, starting today, to post something every single day. Lucky for me, today already has something notable about it and it's only 1pm!

So my friend Vicky Sanchez, whom I met while serving a mission in California, was here last weekend, and she reminded me that I hadn't seen my companion Sister Puckett in forever. So we decided to stalk good ol' Natalie using the handy internet, and within days I had found her and made plans to see her. As luck would have it, she is actually here in Utah for the summer doing an internship with the city of Salt Lake (she's studying to be a civil engineer - the girl get seriously psyched about roads... and road surveying... and construction. And she looks darn good in a hard hat.) So anyway, today she and another companion Britney Stevens came down to Provo to have breakfast and a mini reunion. It was so incredibly delightful. We shared stories about the charming old German lady we lived with and some of the escapades we had (like when she pulled us out of bed in the middle of the night to investigate a crazed animal rampaging through her yard... which turned out to be a balloon).

Yay for happy mission reunions. I'm also grateful for a husband who willingly sat through that and at least pretended to enjoy himself. Natalie doesn't know it, but she's the one person I'm ok with James marrying if I happen to die an untimely death.

Pictures to come. For now, I have to go get ready to teach English, and also pack a bit because we're going to a friend's cabin this afternoon to spend the night. So if you can't reach us it's because we're in remote reaches of eastern Utah. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Christian and Jennifer said...

Ah . . . balloons. Those devious creatures. It IS fun to get in touch with old mission comps again. I've had the opportunity to do that with blogging and I am so grateful for each and every one of them.