Thursday, August 7, 2008

They Forgot My Kids' Cone

So, if any of you have a chance to go to an Iceberg - take it. And get the kids' meal. The thing is just the perfect amount of food. And they really don't skimp at all. We are not talking a happy meal here. Now, there's no toy, but--but! you get your choice of hamburger, cheeseburger, corndog, or grilled cheese sandwich, what would be considered a large fry at your typical McDonald's/Burger King, a decent size drink, AND (the best part) you also get a chocolate dipped cone. Now, we are not talking kids' size, small, or even medium. The thing is gigantic. And it is dipped in chocolate. I don't think I can stress that enough. And it's perfect. There is not a better dipped cone in the world of ice cream. No. Nowhere. Not anywhere. And so you can imagine my disappointment when I got my kids' meal today and got all the way back to the office before realizing they had neglected to give me my cone. It was a sad day.

Ok, not that sad. Mostly it was a really good day. So here are the good parts:

My bosses told me that I have a great personality - they said I (and two of my fellow editors--we were all being given a new responsibility at work, I think the compliments are to make up for the fact that we will never get a raise) am just the right amount of OCD, without being annoying. They also said we had "dynamic" personalities and that we work well with other people. It was a very self-esteem boosting meeting.

I got Twilight stickers to put all over Tracie's work station. She loves Twilight. LoVeS iT wItH a TeEnaGe PaSsiON. Never joined a Twilight hate group, not once. Oh no, not Tracie. I am not being sarcastic. At all.

I was really busy at work today, but still managed to have several good laughs with coworkers over various things. I really like my job. It's really nice. Since I started working at home, going in to the office is kind of like a treat.

Last of all I get to come home to my Jamey and spend even just a little bit of time with him and it was nice.

Yay for my happy life. Boo for my missing dipped cone.

2 comments:

Austin said...

those twilight stickers will make her days coming in to work so much better, moodier, and broodier. ;)

Emily said...

Charity, can I just mention that I love your attitude about life? You're so great. I'm glad you're happy, that you like your job and hubby, that you laugh a lot. You deserve it all. :)